Close Menu
    Trending
    • ‘I am somebody’: Civil rights leaders, politicians honor Rev. Jesse Jackson’s legacy after his death
    • FC Fassell’s US$4.5M Stadium Project Yet to Break Ground Nearly Two Years Later
    • Mateus Mane: Man United take giant step in bid to sign Wolves wonderkid – Man United News And Transfer News
    • LiSA Concludes High-Level Engagement with Academia and Regulators
    • Stephen Colbert says network lawyers pulled Talarico interview over FCC fears
    • Liberia: ZIP Boss Aminata Bangura in Bitter Dispute with Foreign Investor Amid Missing Assets Allegations
    • NEC Board of Commissioners Reaffirms Commitment to Credible Electoral Governance
    • Ukrainians Remain Skeptical as New Round of Peace Talks Begins
    HelloLiberia
    • Home
    • Liberia News
    • Liberia Politics
    • Liberia Economy
    • Africa News
    • World News
    • US News
    • Soccer
    HelloLiberia
    • Home
    • Buy Now
    Home»US News»Stephen Colbert says network lawyers pulled Talarico interview over FCC fears
    US News

    Stephen Colbert says network lawyers pulled Talarico interview over FCC fears

    HelloLiberiaBy HelloLiberiaFebruary 17, 2026No Comments3 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr WhatsApp VKontakte Email
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email


    Late-night host Stephen Colbert stated his interview with Democratic Texas Senate candidate James Talarico was pulled from Monday night time’s broadcast over community fears it might violate regulatory steerage from the Trump administration on giving equal time to political candidates.

    “He was presupposed to be right here, however we had been instructed in no unsure phrases by our community’s attorneys, who referred to as us straight, that we couldn’t have him on the printed,” Colbert stated on his program, ”The Late Present with Stephen Colbert.”

    “Then I used to be instructed, in some unsure phrases, that not solely may I not have him on, I couldn’t point out me not having him on. And since my community clearly doesn’t need us to speak about this, let’s discuss this.”

    The state of affairs, which got here simply hours earlier than early voting started in Texas’ main elections, comes as media establishments navigate round altering broadcast steerage, issued below the Trump administration, governing how they interview political candidates.

    Talarico posted a part of the interview on social media, calling it “the interview Donald Trump did not need you to see.”

    Broadcast networks have been required to provide equal time to political candidates, however that rule hasn’t historically been utilized to speak reveals. In January, the Federal Communications Fee issued new steerage warning late-night and daytime hosts that they should give political candidates equal time, with FCC Chairman Brendan Carr questioning the discuss present exemption and positing that hosts had been “motivated by partisan functions.”

    “The FCC has not been offered with any proof that the interview portion of any late night time or daytime tv discuss present program on air presently would qualify for the bona fide information exemption,” in response to the general public discover.

    In his feedback, Colbert famous that the equal time provision applies to broadcast however not streaming platforms. Subsequently, his almost 15-minute interview with Talarico was posted to the YouTube web page for Colbert’s present, with the host noting particularly that the phase was solely showing on-line and never on broadcast.

    Talarico posted an almost minute-long clip of the sit-down on X, including that, “That is the interview Donald Trump didn’t need you to see. His FCC refused to air my interview with Stephen Colbert. Trump is anxious we’re about to flip Texas.”

    Neither CBS nor the FCC instantly responded to messages looking for remark Tuesday,

    Early voting started Tuesday in Texas, the place Talarico and Rep. Jasmine Crockett are among the many Democrats looking for election to the U.S. Senate seat presently held by four-term Republican Sen. John Cornyn. The first election is March 3.

    Carr, appointed by Trump to steer the company final 12 months, has typically criticized community discuss reveals, suggesting final 12 months that probing ABC’s “The View” — whose hosts have incessantly been crucial of Trump — over the exemption is likely to be “worthwhile.”

    Colbert’s days in his host chair are restricted, following CBS’ announcement final 12 months that it was canceling his present this Could for monetary causes, shuttering a decades-old TV establishment in a altering media panorama.

    However the timing of that announcement — three days after Colbert criticized the settlement between Trump and Paramount Global, father or mother firm of CBS, over a “60 Minutes” story — led two U.S. senators to publicly query the motives behind the transfer, which served to take away from air one in all Trump’s most distinguished and chronic late-night critics.

    ___

    Related Press reporter David Bauder contributed to this report.

    ___

    Meg Kinnard could be reached at http://x.com/MegKinnardAP



    Source link

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr WhatsApp Email
    Previous ArticleLiberia: ZIP Boss Aminata Bangura in Bitter Dispute with Foreign Investor Amid Missing Assets Allegations
    Next Article LiSA Concludes High-Level Engagement with Academia and Regulators
    HelloLiberia
    • Website

    Related Posts

    ‘I am somebody’: Civil rights leaders, politicians honor Rev. Jesse Jackson’s legacy after his death

    February 17, 2026

    Rev. Jesse Jackson, civil rights icon, dies at 84

    February 17, 2026

    Gisèle Pelicot’s memoir launches, turning horror into hope for survivors

    February 17, 2026

    Lunar New Year prayers, robots and festivities usher in the Year of the Horse

    February 17, 2026
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Our Picks

    Drugs: ‎LDEA Officer Beaten to Death by Mob While Attempting Drug Arrest in Caldwell

    July 23, 2025

    From Labubus to the Louvre heist: The viral moments that defined 2025

    December 27, 2025

    Liberian News: ‘Race Car’ At Work

    June 18, 2025

    Two Premier League clubs to rival Man United for striker Aleksandar Mitrovic – Man United News And Transfer News

    July 28, 2025

    Juventus scheduled to hold talks with Man United star Jadon Sancho – Man United News And Transfer News

    June 26, 2025
    Categories
    • Africa News
    • Liberia Economy
    • Liberia News
    • Liberia Politics
    • Soccer
    • US News
    • World News
    About Us

    Welcome to HelloLiberia.com – your trusted source for news, stories, and insights from Liberia and beyond.

    At HelloLiberia.com, we are passionate about bringing you the latest and most relevant updates from Liberia and around the world. Our mission is to inform, inspire, and engage readers through credible reporting and compelling storytelling.

    Thank you for being part of our growing community.

    Stay informed. Stay connected. Stay Liberian.

    Our Picks

    ‘I am somebody’: Civil rights leaders, politicians honor Rev. Jesse Jackson’s legacy after his death

    February 17, 2026

    FC Fassell’s US$4.5M Stadium Project Yet to Break Ground Nearly Two Years Later

    February 17, 2026

    Mateus Mane: Man United take giant step in bid to sign Wolves wonderkid – Man United News And Transfer News

    February 17, 2026
    Categories
    • Africa News
    • Liberia Economy
    • Liberia News
    • Liberia Politics
    • Soccer
    • US News
    • World News
    • Privacy Policy
    • Disclaimer
    • Terms and Conditions
    • About us
    • Contact us
    Copyright © 2025 Helloliberia.com All Rights Reserved.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.